Thursday, January 22, 2009

WHAT THE HELL?

For the past couple of days I've been diagnosed with a gum infection (the actual name of it begins with a P and has to many syllables for one to remember). At first my gums swelled a little bit, no big deal it happens now and then. The next day they swelled even more, to the point I could bearly open my mouth. The lymph node in my neck was super swollen (you didn't even need to press dwon on it for it to throb), and my cheek and tongue were swollen (in the same area). At the time I had no idea what it was, toochache, infection, a quick growing tumor in my gum (??). The next day I sucked it up and went to the doctor (after fining out my inssurance kicked in). Great Times! Gum infection, and a really annoying call to the dentist I havn't seen in a very long time.
To make a long story short, I've been taking antibiotics for the past 3 days and the swelling has gone down a little bit. My throat doesn't hurt when I swallow, my tongue and cheek are no longer swollen and I'm able to open my mouth about an inch and a half. But I think it will be alright.

Tonight I'm going to see a hipster band play (Matt and Kim) a few blocks from my place and I'm happy about that. Lets just hope jake is up and my mouth doesn't feel like its imploding. Yikes!

I'll take pictures and upload them.

Thats about it for now.
...Back to work!

No comments: